All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided for in the relevant copyright laws.
SCHURE SPINE FRAME 800-0235
SCHURE SPINE FRAME CRANK HANDLE 800-0277
SCHURE SPINE FRAME PAD SET 508-0472
LAMINECTOMY ARM CRADLE, 12 PR/CS 508-0373
EXTENDED RICHARD SLOTTED HEAD REST, 6/CS 508-1340
SCHURE SPINE FRAME STRAPS 512-0049
Initial Release: 5/1/2012
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
- Hole for Crank
- Head End
- Patient Support Pads 508-0472
- Extended Richards Slotted Head Rest 508-1340
- Schure Spine Frame Straps 508-1340
SET UP FOR THE FLEX FRAME OR JACKSON TABLE
- Lower head end of Schure Spine Frame onto rails and slide to desired location
- Ensure Velcro straps are in between rails
- Lower frame completely onto rails
- Bring Velcro straps around rails and secure to Schure Spine Frame
SET UP FOR SURGICAL TABLE /FLAT SURFACE
- Place frame on surgical table with buttons facing head end of surgical table
- Ensure enough room for head positioner
- Ensure frame is centered between surgical table table rails
- Place Velcro straps through surgical table rails
- Bring Velcro straps around rails and secure back to Schure Spine Frame
To Adjust Pad Height
- Insert Crank Handle (800-0277) into Schure Spine Frame as shown
- Press Crank Handle in until fully engaged and the line on the shaft is lining up with the opening below
- Support Crank Handle Rod with one hand and grab handle with other
To Release Patient Supports
LOADING THE PATIENT
- Press inward at free end of support while pulling upward at the center
- Pull support out from front catch
- Locate button at opposite end of frame
- Press button firmly
- Shift support laterally to desired location and release button
- Lower support to front catch
- Press firmly inwards and tuck into front catch
- Note: The techniques detailed in this manual are only manufacturers suggestions. The final responsibility for patient care with respect to this device remains with the attending physician.
- Optional Recommended –Place moisture absorbing/friction reducing covers over the supports.
- Prior to transferring the patient, crank spine frame to the highest setting. After transferring the patient, lower to desired level.
- Position the patient to reduce nerve contact and subsequent injury
- Additional support must be provided to the head, arms and legs
REMOVAL AND STORAGE
- Remove Velcro strap from Spine frame and unwrap from rail
- Remove from table and store
Device Dimensions (maximum)
The intended use is to aid the surgeon in simple spine surgeries.
Overview of Components
- Length: 30” +/-0.5”
- Width: 18” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 7” +/-0.5”
- Device Weight: 18 +/- 0.5 lbs
- Attaches to the rail of a surgical table at any point on the rail
- Single person installation
- Removable hand crank
- Compatible with the Jackson table and any other surgical table that has side rails
- 3/4 of the spine frame is radiolucent—just be sure to turn mechanics (where the buttons and crank handle is inserted) are on the opposite end of the surgical procedure
The SCHURE SPINE FRAME is used as a platform to do simple spine surgeries. Its arches create the desired lordosis needed to open the inter-vertebral spaces.
Schure Spine Frame Crank Handle 800-0277
Schure Spine Frame Pad Set 508-0472
Laminectomy Arm Cradle, 12Pr/Cs 508-0373
Extended Richards Slotted Head Rest 6/Cs 508-1340
Schure Spine Frame Straps 512-0049
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb proportional patient load (6'4" tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Product should not exceed maximum load 500 lb. patient. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.