Download IFU pdf
All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided for in relevant copyright laws.
Universal Rail Clamp 800-0085
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Initial Release: 10/04/2004
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe, Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Universal Rail Clamp is spring-loaded - attaches anywhere along surgical table side rail. Fits all standard surgical table side rails (3/8”W x 1-1/8”H). Clamp accepts any round mounting posts up to 5/8” in diameter and rectangular mounting posts up to 1” x 3/8”.
Attaching to Side Rail
Detaching from Side Rail
- Attach clamp on rail
- Turn clamp handle clockwise to lock securely
- Turn clamp handle counter-clockwise to unlock and remove from rail
Device Dimensions (maximum)
Intended use is to hold surgical accessories on surgical table.
- Length: 3” +/- 0.5” (Handle Collapsed), 5.5” +/- 0.5” (Handle Extended)
- Width: 2”+/- 0.5”
- Depth: 4” +/- 0.5”
- Device Weight: 1 +/- 0.5 lbs.
- Attaches to rail of surgical table at any point on rail
- Single-person installation
- Holds accessory equipment up to 5/8” diameter and 1” x 3/8” flat mounting post
UNIVERSAL RAIL CLAMP is a surgical table clamp attaching to all U.S. rails. Its function is to hold surgical accessories on a surgical table.
Side rail dimensions below:
US: 0.374” x 1.122” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm)
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 350 lb. proportional patient load (6'4" tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4°F to +86 °F
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
WARNING! Maximum load should not exceed appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 350 lbs. Use care with low-maximum load capacity surgical tables that accessory rails are not overloaded.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry
Date of Manufacture
Authorized Representative in European Community
Batch Code/Serial Number
IFU-800-0085 REV 3.01