Download IFU pdf
All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided for in the relevant copyright laws.
Initial Release: 4/14/2008
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free ( 888 ) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000 | Fax (781) 982-7001 | email@example.com
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Emergo Europe, Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
Become familiar with the features of patient positioning device before use with a patient. Always practice use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Attaching to Side Rail
Detaching from Side Rail
- Attach Schure Socket anywhere along surgical table side rail with “up” facing top of side rail
- Insert 5/8” (1.6 cm) round mounting post into mounting hole
- Secure clamp to lock position by turning handle clockwise
- Unlock clamp by turning handle counterclockwise and remove mounting post
Intended use is to hold operating room accessories with a .625” (1.6 cm) post on a surgical table.
Device Dimensions (maximum)
- Length: 3” +/- 0.5” (8 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Width: 2” +/- 0.5” (5 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Depth: 8”+/- 0.5” (20 cm +/- 1 cm) (rail handle extended)
- Device Weight: 1.5 +/- 0.5 lbs. (.68 kg +/- .22 kg)
- Attaches to rail of surgical table anywhere on rail
- Single-person installation
- Twist Lock/Release Handle
- Holds accessory equipment with a mounting posts up to 5/8” (1.6 cm) in diameter
SCHURE SOCKET is a surgical table clamp that attaches to all rails. Its function is to hold operating room accessories on a surgical table.
See side rail dimensions below:
US: 0.374” x 1.122” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm) PN# 800-0006
Denyer: 0.236” x 1.496” (6 mm x 38 mm) PN# 800-0006-DEN
Europe: 0.394” x 0.984” (10 mm x 25 mm ) PN# 800-0006-EU
Eschmann (UK): 0.236” x 1.260” (6 mm x 32 mm) PN# 800-0006-UK
Japan: 0.354” x 1.260” (9 mm x 32 mm ) PN# 800-0006-JPN
Swiss: 0.394” x 1.181” (10 mm x 30 mm ) PN# 800-0006-SWISS
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb. (227 kg) proportional patient load (6’4” (193 cm) tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4°F to +86°F (-20°C to 30°C)
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Maximum load should not exceed appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. (227 kg). Use care with low-maximum load capacity surgical tables that accessory rails are not overloaded.
Hazards result from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for use with your Operating Table system.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedures.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry
Any serious incident that has occurred in relation to the device should be reported to the manufacturer and the competent authority of the Member State in which the user and/or patient is established.
IFU-800-0006 REV 3.03