Download IFU pdf
All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided in relevant copyright laws.
Schure Foot for Total Knee Replacement, Lexan 800-0011
Disposable Foot Pads 12/cs 508-0111
Initial Release 12/29/2004
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe, Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Set Up and Use of Schure Foot
- Attach Schure Socket XL (sold separately) to surgical table side rail near end of torso section, on side of operative knee
- Slide black disposable foot pad #508-0111 (sold separately) onto Schure Foot tube
- Insert Schure Foot mounting post into socket
- Once patient is on surgical table, slide Schure Foot along rail to achieve desired position for knee
- Turn socket handle clockwise securing Schure Foot in desired position
- Prep and drape in usual method
- After completing procedure, discard the Schure Foot disposable foot pad. Spray Schure Foot with hospital-approved disinfectant and wipe clean.
Intended use is to hold patient’s foot firmly in place during knee replacement surgery.
Device Dimensions (maximum)
- Length: 16” +/- 0.5” (41 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Diameter: 2” +/- 0.5” (5 cm +/- 1 cm) (with pad 2 3/4” (7 cm))
- Device Weight: 2 +/- 0.5 lbs. (.9 +/- .22 kg)
- Operates on leg section of surgical table
- Requires a socket to attach to surgical table
Schure Foot, Lexan, is a knee positioning device used in knee replacement surgery.
508-0111 Disposable Foot Pads 12/cs
Other required products for use: 800-0134 Schure Socket XL
US: 0.374” x 1.122” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm) PN# 800-0134
Denyer: 0.236” x 1.496” (6 mm x 38 mm) PN# 800-0134-DEN
Europe: 0.394” x 0.984” (10 mm x 25 mm ) PN# 800-0134-EU
Eschmann (UK): 0.236” x 1.260” (6 mm x 32 mm) PN# 800-0134-UK
Japan: 0.354” x 1.260” (9 mm x 32 mm ) PN# 800-0134-JPN
Swiss: 0.394” x 1.181” (10 mm x 30 mm ) PN# 800-0134-SWISS
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb. (227 kg) proportional patient load (6'4" (193 cm) tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4°F to +86°F (-20°C to 30°C)
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Maximum load should not exceed appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. (227 kg). Use care with low-maximum load capacity surgical tables that accessory rails are not overloaded.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Strictly follow Instructions for Use for your Operating Table system.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry
Date of Manufacture
Authorized Representative in European Community
Batch Code/Serial Number
IFU-800-0011 REV 3.03