All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided for in the relevant copyright laws.
MULTI-AXIS ARM POSITIONER 800-0050
MULTI-AXIS PAD 16" x 6" x 2" CONCAVE DELUXE
Initial Release: 8/4/2004
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | email@example.com
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20
2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Become familiar with the features of patient positioning device before use with a patient. Always practice use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Set up and use of the Multi-Axis Arm Positioner
Detaching the Multi-Axis Arm Positioner from the Operating Room Table
- Insert mounting posts into the clamp
- Turn the handle clockwise to tighten the clamp
- Loosen positioning handle and move to desired position
- Tighten positioning handle to lock
- To position in the lateral, prone, neuro and park bench positions, adjust the Schure Socket XL P/N 800-0134 (sold separately)
- Turn the handle of the clamp counterclockwise to loosen the multi axis arm positioner
- Remove from clamp
The Multi-Axis Arm Positioner is to provide support for the non-operative arm during surgical procedures.
Overview of Components
- Length: 21” +/- 0.5” (without pad) 23” +/- 0.5 (with pad)
- Width: 6” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 6” +/- 0.5” (rail handle extended)
- Device Weight: 5 +/- 0.5 lbs
- Twist lock/release handle to pivot multi axis positioner
- Single person installation
The MULTI-AXIS ARM POSITONER is an operating room table accessory which provides support for the non-operative arm during surgical procedures. The device is attached to the surgical table rail with a clamp and can be used in seated, lateral, prone, neuro and park bench positions. The unique pivoting design allows for infinite positioning.
508-0108 Multi-Axis Pad, 16" x 6" x 2, Concave Deluxe
Other required products for use:
800-0134 Schure Socket XL, 2 each (sold separately)
US: 0.374” X 1.122” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm) PN# 800-0134
Denyer: 0.236” x 1.496” (6 mm x 38 mm) PN# 800-0134-DEN
Europe: 0.394” x 0.984” (10 mm x 25 mm ) PN# 800-0134-EU
Eschmann (UK): 0.236” x 1.260” (6 mm x 32 mm) PN# 800-0134-UK
Japan: 0.354” x 1.260” (9 mm x 32 mm ) PN# 800-0134-JPN
Swiss: 0.394” x 1.118” (10 mm x 30 mm ) PN# 800-0134-SWISS
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb proportional patient load (6'4" tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4 °F to +86 °F
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
The maximum load placed on the product may not exceed the appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry