All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided for in the relevant copyright laws.
LITHOTOMY STIRRUPS 800-0049
Initial Release: 3/10/2007
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
Become familiar with the features of patient positioning device before use with a patient. Always practice use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Attaching Stirrups to the Table
Adjusting the Stirrup
- Put the lithotomy stirrup mounting post into the Schure Socket (sold separately) and turn the handle of the Schure Socket clockwise to tighten.
- Put the patient’s legs into the boots and fasten Velcro.
Detaching Stirrup from the O.R. Table
- Turn the boot block handle counterclockwise to loosen the boot block and adjust up or down to desired position. Turn the boot block handle clockwise to tighten.
- Turn the handle of the Schure Socket counterclockwise to loosen and pull the stirrup from the socket.
The intended use is to hold the patient’s legs during short or long gynecologic, urological or laparoscopic procedures.
Device Dimensions (maximum)
Overview of Components
- Length 26.5” +/- 0.5” Width: 6” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 2.5” +/- 0.5” (with pad)
- Device Weight: 5.25 +/- 0.5 lbs
- Attaches to the rail of an O.R. table at any point on the rail Single person installation
- Push Release Trigger
The LITHOTOMY STIRRUP is an O.R. table accessory that aids in the positioning of the legs for gynecological, urological, or laparoscopic procedures
Other required products for use:
800-00006 Schure Socket
, 2 each (sold separately)
- US: 0.374” X 1.122” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm) PN# 800-0006
- Denyer: 0.236” x 1.496” (6 mm x 38 mm) PN# 800-0006 -DEN
- Europe: 0.394” x 0.984” (10 mm x 25 mm ) PN# 800-0006 -EU
- Eschmann (UK): 0.236” x 1.260” (6 mm x 32 mm) PN# 800-0006-UK
- Japan: 0.354” x 1.260” (9 mm x 32 mm ) PN# 800-0006-JPN
- Swiss: 0.394” x 1.118” (10 mm x 30 mm ) PN# 800-0006-SWISS
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 350 lb proportional patient load (6'4" tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4 °F to +86 °F
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
The maximum load placed on the product may not exceed the appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 350 lbs. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Surgical table load capacities may be less. Never overload a surgical table. The device is intended for mounting on the side of a rail of a surgical table only.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry