All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided in relevant copyright laws.
GREAT WHITE PREMIUM STIRRUPS 800-0342-PR
GREAT WHITE PREMIUM STIRRUPS W/ FINS 800-0342-PRF
GREAT WHITE PREMIUM BOOT PADS 508-1354
Initial Release: 4/4/14
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
- Snap SpringLoc Clamps P/N 800-0338 on the accessory rails in the same location on
opposite sides of the surgical table at the patient’s hip joints.
- Prior to placing the device into the SpringLoc Clamp, identify the patient’s left and right
side stirrup indicated on the boot label.
- Insert the blade of the stirrup into the clamp. Tighten the clamp by turning the handle to the right.
- Ensure the patient is positioned on the surgical table in accordance with the procedure and surgeon requirements.
WARNING!! To prevent patient or operator injury from inadvertent stirrup movement, securely tighten the accessory clamp and the boot clamp.
(1 & 3) Free Floating Boot Pivot, (2) Boot Clamp, (3) Trigger Handle
- Support the patient’s leg by grasping the heel in one hand and the underside of the knee with the other hand. Gently flex the knees and transfer the leg into the boot, then secure boot straps.
To achieve the appropriate leg/foot position, loosen the boot clamp. Adjust the boot to desired position and re-tighten this clamp. Ensure the patient’s heels are securely seated in the heels of the boots.
To achieve the appropriate lithotomy and abduction positions, squeeze the trigger, adjust to desired position and release to lock.
- Loosen the Springloc Clamp and remove the stirrups by lifting them out of the clamps
- Remove the accessory clamps from the side rails
Clean the Great White Platinum Stirrups with hospital approved disinfectant. Dry thoroughly when cleaning is complete.
Device Dimensions (maximum)
The Great White Premium Stirrups and The Great White Premium Stirrups w/Fins are a patient positioning accessory used in Gynecology, Urology, and laparoscopic procedures. They provide a safe system for positioning the legs of up to 400 lb patients in a variety of lithotomy/abduction positions.
- Height: 40.25” +/- 0.5”
- Width: 9” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 14” +/- 0.5”
- Device Weight: 11 +/- 0.5 lbs (with pad)
- Stirrups have a range of motion from 25° to 75° in the lithotomy position and 9° abduction to 25° abduction.
- Single person installation
- Connects to the seat section of the surgical table
- Stirrups store on transport/storage dolly (P/N 800-0074-S sold separately)
- Clean the Great White Stirrup with hospital approved disinfectant. Dry thoroughly when cleaning is complete.
Overview of Components
The GREAT WHITE PREMIUM STIRRUPS and GREAT WHITE PREMIUM STIRRUPS W/ FIN provide a safe system for positioning the legs of up to 400 pound patients in a variety of lithotomy/abduction positions.
800-0342-PR & 800-0342-PRF
Other required products for use:
800-0338 SpringLoc Clamp (US)
800-0338-EU SpringLoc Clamp (EU)
800-0338-JPN SpringLoc Clamp (JPN)
800-0338-SWISS SpringLoc Clamp (SWISS)
508-1415 Replacement Boot Pads
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 400 lb proportional patient load (6'4" tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4 °F to +86 °F
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Product should not exceed maximum load 400 lb. patient. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Surgical table load capacities may be less. Never overload a surgical table. The device is intended for mounting on the side of a rail of a surgical table only.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry
There is no specific maintenance required. Please check stirrups before every procedure to ensure it is operating as designed.