Download IFU pdf
View/Download Available Translations
Foot Extension, 20 x 10 800-0036
Foot Extension Pad 508-0090
Foot Extension mounts horizontally as table extension or vertically as foot support when using reverse Trendelenburg. The intended users of this device are medical professionals within hospitals and surgery centers.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Attaching Foot Extension to Surgical Table
Become familiar with features of patient positioning device before use with patient. Always practice use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Detaching Foot Extension from Surgical Table
- Attach Simple Clamps P/N 800-0228 (sold separately) onto side rails
- Insert mounting posts into Simple Clamps on both sides of tables
- Turn handle clockwise to tighten clamps
- Turn simple clamp handle counterclockwise to loosen foot extension
- Lift foot extension from operating room table and store properly
Device Dimensions (maximum)
- Length: 10” +/- 0.5” (25 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Width: 20” +/- 0.5” (51 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Depth: 3.75” +/- 0.5” (10 cm +/- 1 cm) (with pad)
- Device Weight: 5.25 +/- 0.5 lbs. (2.4 kg +/- .22 kg)
- Attaches to rail of surgical table at foot section
- Single person installation
Foot Extension is operating room table extension or used as foot support. Simple Clamp (sold separately) required for proper use of Foot Extension.
Replacement Pad: Foot Extension Pad 508-0090
See side rail dimensions below:
US: 0.374” x 1.122” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm) PN# 800-0228
Denyer: 0.236” x 1.496” (6 mm x 38 mm) PN# 800-0228-DEN
Europe: 0.394” x 0.984” (10 mm x 25 mm ) PN# 800-0228-EU
Eschmann (UK): 0.236” x 1.260” (6 mm x 32 mm) PN# 800-0228-UK
Japan: 0.354” x 1.260” (9 mm x 32 mm ) PN# 800-0228-JPN
Swiss: 0.394” x 1.181” (10 mm x 30 mm ) PN# 800-0228-SWISS
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb. (227 kg) proportional patient load (6'4" (193 cm) tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- CE marked medical device according to MDR (EU) 2017/745
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between -4°F to +86°F (-20°C to 30°C)
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
PRODUCT USE WARNINGS
Maximum load should not exceed appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. (227 kg). Use care with low-maximum load capacity surgical tables that accessory rails are not overloaded.
Hazards result from incorrect use. Strictly follow Instructions for Use with your Operating Table system.
Do not reuse device if there are obvious signs of damage or functional issues. Consult manufacturer before reusing.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry
Any serious incident that has occurred in relation to the device should be reported to the manufacturer and the competent authority of the Member State in which the user and/or patient is established.
IFU-800-0036 REV 3.05
Basic UDI-DI: 081001460F0004DQ
Latest Revision: 2022-01
eIFU Language Versions
To download and print the Instructions for Use, please click here.
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free ( 888 ) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | email@example.com
Emergo Europe, Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands