All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided for in the relevant copyright laws.
ELBOW ARTHROSCOPY SUPPORT 800-0168
REPLACEMENT PAD: UNIVERSAL PREPPER PAD 508-0159
Initial Release: 12/2/2011
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Attaching Elbow Arthroscopy Support to the Table
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Detaching Elbow Arthroscopy Support from the Surgical Table
- Snap Schure Socket XL P/N 800-0134 (sold separately) on to the side rail
- Insert mounting post into the socket and lock tight
- Turn the clamp handle counterclockwise to loosen the Elbow Arthroscopy Support and remove
Device Dimensions (maximum)
The intended use is to hold the patient’s upper extremity comfortably during a surgical procedure.
Overview of Components
- Length: 27” +/- 0.5”
- Width: 10” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 4” +/- 0.5”
- Device Weight: 4 lbs +/- 0.5 lbs
- 5/8” diameter mounting post insert into socket
- Single person installation
- Twist lock/Release Handle
The ELBOW ARTHROSCOPY SUPPORT is a surgical table accessory. With its padded horseshoe design, it is used to hold the patient’s upper extremity comfortably during a surgical procedure.
Other required products for use:
800-0134 Schure Socket XL (sold separately)
508-0159 Universal Prepper Pad
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb proportional patient load (6'4" tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4 °F to +86 °F
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Product should not exceed maximum load 500 lb. patient. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Surgical table load capacities may be less. Never overload a surgical table. The device is intended for mounting on the side of a rail of a surgical table only.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry