Download IFU pdf
All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided in relevant copyright laws.
Elbow Arthroscopy Support 800-0168
Replacement Pad: Universal Prepper Pad 508-0159
Initial Release: 12/2/2011
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | email@example.com
Emergo Europe, Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Attaching Elbow Arthroscopy Support to Surgical Table
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Detaching Elbow Arthroscopy Support from Surgical Table
- Attach Schure Socket XL P/N 800-0134 (sold separately) onto side rail
- Insert mounting post into socket and lock tight
- Turn clamp handle counterclockwise to loosen and remove
Device Dimensions (maximum)
Intended use is to hold patient’s upper extremity comfortably during a surgical procedure. It can be used for conventional open, percutaneous, or arthroscopic elbow surgery such as the release for the treatment of lateral epicondylitis, removal of loose bodies, synovectomy, debridement and/or excision of osteophytes, capsular release, and the assessment and treatment of osteochondritis dissecans.
- Maximum Support Height: 21” +/- 0.5” (53 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Minimum Support Height: 8.5” +/- 0.5” (22 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Maximum Height: 25.5” +/- 0.5” (65 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Overall Width: 11” +/- 0.5” (28 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Depth: 4.25” +/- 0.5” (11 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Net Weight: 3.2 +/- 0.5 lbs. (1.4 +/- .22 kg)
- Gross Weight: 8.3 +/- 0.5 lbs. (3.7 +/- .22 kg)
- 5/8” (1.6 cm) diameter mounting post insert into socket
- Single-person installation
ELBOW ARTHROSCOPY SUPPORT is a surgical table accessory. With its padded horseshoe design, it is used to hold patient’s upper extremity comfortably during a surgical procedure.
Other required products for use:
800-0134 Schure Socket XL (sold separately)
US: 0.374” x 1.122” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm) PN# 800-0134
Denyer: 0.236” x 1.496” (6 mm x 38 mm) PN# 800-0134-DEN
Europe: 0.394” x 0.984” (10 mm x 25 mm ) PN# 800-0134-EU
Eschmann (UK): 0.236” x 1.260” (6 mm x 32 mm) PN# 800-0134-UK
Japan: 0.354” x 1.260” (9 mm x 32 mm ) PN# 800-0134-JPN
Swiss: 0.394” x 1.181” (10 mm x 30 mm ) PN# 800-0134-SWISS
508-0159 Universal Prepper Pad
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb. (227 kg) proportional patient load (6'4" (193 cm) tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 3 years under normal use
- Store device between –4°F to +86°F (-20°C to 30°C)
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Maximum load should not exceed appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. (227 kg). Use care with low-maximum load capacity surgical tables that accessory rails are not overloaded.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Strictly follow Instructions for Use with your Operating Table system.
Surgical table load capacities may be less. Never overload a surgical table. The device is intended for mounting on the side of a rail of a surgical table only.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry
Date of Manufacture
Authorized Representative in European Community
Batch Code/Serial Number
IFU-800-0168 REV 3.06