Download IFU pdf
All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided for in relevant copyright laws.
E-Z Lift Beach Chair
Shoulder Chair 5-Piece Pad Set 508-1461
Initial Release: 4/20/2009
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free ( 888 ) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | email@example.com
Emergo Europe, Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Become familiar with the features of patient positioning device before use with a patient. Always practice use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
1. Double Ball Joint Head Section
Shoulder Chair Insertion and Operation
2. Lateral Brace
3. Locking Handle
4. Removable Shoulder Panel
5. E-Z Trigger
6. Locking Handle
Positioning Patient in Chair
- Lower or remove leg or back sections of surgical table. Slide chair completely onto side rails. Lock by turning handles to right on both sides of chair. Caution! Remove chair prior to raising leg — Severe damage can occur to chair and/or surgical table.
- Begin by placing patient in supine position
Shoulder Panel Removal and Insertion
- To lower patient, squeeze trigger with one hand and pull chair back/down with other hand. Release trigger to lock into position.
- To raise patient, squeeze trigger and gas spring provides a force that will assist in raising the patient. Larger patients may also require lifting chair with other hand. Release trigger to lock into position.
- Turn top and bottom panel latches down to unlocked positions to remove shoulder panels
- Hold handle with one hand and lift plunger up, slide panel straight back to remove
- To insert panel, slide on track and panel will snap lock. Then turn top and bottom panel latches to locked positions.
- To position Lateral Brace, remove shoulder panel on operative side and slide brace into clamps. Adjust lateral brace to fit each patient. Lock tight by turning locking handles to right.
Prior to Patient Transfer
With surgical table in a level position, adjust headrest assembly as follows to prepare for patient transfer.
Loosen Ball Joint Locking Lever (3), and position support post all the way down and centered in relation to shoulder chair. Tighten Locking Lever (3) when support post is in desired position.
(1) Head Rest
(2) Support Post (Fully Down Position)
(3) Ball Joint Locking Lever
Loosen Locking Lever (1) on sliding mechanism and adjust headpiece up or down support post to accommodate for height of patient.
NOTICE: DO NOT fully secure locking handle at this time.
(1) Slide Mechanism Locking Lever
To loosen head section, move Locking Lever (1) to neutral position on double ball joint. Then position head rest where it is centered with support post and level with shoulder chair pad.
When head rest is in desired position, move Locking Lever (1) either clockwise or counterclockwise to lock double ball joint and fix head section.
(1) Double Ball Joint Locking Lever
(2) Shoulder Chair Pad
Patient Transfer and Preparation
Use following procedure to transfer patient and prepare patient for shoulder surgery and/or manipulation:
Transfer patient and loosely secure the patient's head with loop and hook restraint straps.
Device Dimensions (maximum)
- Ensure headrest slides up and down freely on support post. Loosen slide mechanism Locking Lever (B). Failure to do so could result in patient injury.
- Bring patient to seated position. Make final adjustments to headrest using Locking Levers (A), (B) and (C). Once headrest is properly adjusted, lock all levers and secure head in place with loop and hook restraint straps.
- Place unaffected arm on a raised armboard
- Release shoulder panel supporting affected shoulder by pulling spring loaded plunger and remove panel straight back
- Add lateral brace on affected side by attaching it to back of the chair
- Height: 37” +/- 0.5” (94 cm +/- 1 cm) collapsed, 44” +/- 0.5” (112 cm +/- 1 cm) extended
- Width: 24” +/- 0.5” (61 cm +/- 1 cm) Rail clamp to rail clamp outside dimension extended, 21.5” +/- 0.5” (55 cm +/- 1 cm) Rail clamp to rail clamp outside dimension contracted
- Depth/Thickness: 13.25” +/- 0.5” (34 cm +/- 1 cm) base
- Net weight: 30.5 +/- 0.5 lbs. (78 +/- .22 kg)
- Gross Weight: 46 +/- 0.5 lbs. (117 +/- .22 kg)
- Range of Motion/Table: Horizontal to vertical positioning
- Range of Motion/Headrest: 10” (25 cm) Vertical Travel, 360° of rotation of both ball joints
- Maximum Patient Height: 76”+/- 0.5 (193 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Minimum Patient Height: 58”+/- 0.5 (147 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Operates on Leg or Back sections of surgical table
- Single-person installation
- Removable panels: 15.125” +/- 0.005” x 6.625” +/-0.005” (38 cm +/- 1 cm x 17 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Reusable/Disposable padding
- Compensating double ball joint head rest
- Restraint Straps: Head & Chin - 22”L +/- 0.5” x 2”W (56 cm +/- 1 cm x 5 cm)
- Contains a lateral brace that provides counter–traction
E-Z LIFT BEACH CHAIR is a shoulder chair that connects to surgical table and allows for surgical shoulder procedures.
Replacement Pads: 508-1461 Shoulder Chair 5-Piece Pad Set
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb (227 kg) proportional patient load (6'4" (193 cm) tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4°F to +86°F (-20°C to 30°C)
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Maximum load should not exceed appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. (227 kg). Use care with low-maximum load capacity surgical tables that accessory rails are not overloaded. Strictly follow instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Hazards result from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for use with your Operating Table system.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry
Any serious incident that has occurred in relation to the device should be reported to the manufacturer and the competent authority of the Member State in which the user and/or patient is established.
IFU 800-0142 REV 3.04