DISP. HEAD & CHIN STRAP POSITIONERS 800-0039
All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided for in the relevant copyright laws.
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
(888) 724-8763 | Ph
(781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
We recommend becoming familiar with the features of this patient positioning device before using it with a patient. You should always practice its use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using it clinically.
- Place the patient on the surgical table/shoulder chair in the supine position
- After the patient is intubated, while holding the patient’s head and neck raise the shoulder chair up so that the patient is in the Fowler (sitting) position
- Loosen the ball joint and adjust the head positioner around the patient’s head making sure the patient’s ears are free and not covered and tighten the ball joint
- While holding the head positioner flaps along side of the patient’s head, place the Forehead Strap across the forehead as shown. Snug down securely and avoid going over the patient’s eyebrows.
- Next take the Chin Strap (cup for the chin) and place the patient’s chin in the cup of the strap. While holding the cup to the chin, secure one side of the strap to the head positioner as shown. Making sure the head is properly positioned and secure the other end of the strap to the opposite side of the head positioner.
NOTE: The head should be securely positioned. If not, make the straps a little tighter.
The intended use is to hold the patient’s head during the operative procedure.
Device Dimensions (maximum)
- Length: 21” +/- 0.5” (Head)
- Length: 22” +/-0.5” (Chin)
- Width: 2” +/-0.5 (Both Head and Chin)
- Device Weight: 0.25 +/- 0.5 lbs
- Attaches to the head section of SchureMed Shoulder Chairs
- Single person installation
Overview of Components
The HEAD AND CHIN STRAP is used to hold a patient’s head securely during the operative procedure.
- This product is not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Product warranty covers the product from manufacturing defects for a period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, please call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues also contact Customer Service.
- This product is maintenance free, check the condition of the product each time before using it
- Storage of device shall be between –4 °F to +86 °F
SINGLE PATIENT USE—Please dispose of after each use