All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided in relevant copyright laws.
SHOULDER SUPPORTS 800-0100
SHOULDER PAD, RECTANGLE, 9" x 4" x 2", DELUXE WITH VELCRO KIT
Initial Release: 3/8/2007
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
- Place Schure Sockets on table side rails at the top of the back/torso section of the surgical table (as shown)
**CAUTION Do not place sockets on head section side rails
- Insert mounting rod into clamp and tighten mounting handles
- The shoulder support should be positioned on the Acronion Process (boney prominence) of the shoulder (away from the soft tissue by the Brachial Plexus) and leave about a 1/2” gap and secure the support by tightening the locking handle
- Position the table in Trendelenburg and allow the patient to gently slide into the pads
**CHECK TO MAKE SURE PATIENT IS SECURELY HELD
Device Dimensions (maximum)
The intended use is to provide comfortable support for trendelenburg positioning.
- Length: 22” +/- 0.5”
- Width: 7” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 8” +/- 0.5”
- Device Weight: 4 +/- 0.5 lbs
- Attaches to the rail of surgical table with the use of a socket
- Twist Loc/Release Handle
Overview of Components
The SHOULDER SUPPORTS are a surgical table accessory that provides comfortable support for trendelenburg positioning.
508-0117 Shoulder Pad, Rectangle 9 "x 4" x 2" Deluxe With Velcro Kit
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb proportional patient load (6'4" tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4 °F to +86 °F
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Product should not exceed maximum load 500 lb. patient. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry