All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided in relevant copyright laws.
Nissen Straps 800-0055
Initial Release: 6/30/2009
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Attachment/Set Up Instructions
- Insert mounting post into clamp and securely lock into place
- Wrap around patient’s leg so that the pad faces toward the inner thigh
- Attach the clip on the buckle side to the mounting post clip. Adjust by lifting the buckle and pulling strap
- Loosen the strap by lifting the buckle then remove the clip
- Loosen the accessory clamp and remove the Nissen straps by lifting them out of the clamps
- Remove the accessory clamps for the side rails
Device Dimensions (maximum)
The intended use is to provide a safe system for positioning patients in reverse Trendelenburg.
- Length: 48” +/- 0.5”
- Width: 6” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 2” +/- 0.5”
- Device Weight: 3.5 +/- 0.5 lbs
Overview of Components
The NISSEN STRAPS are an O.R. table accessory that attach to the sides of the surgical table to with an accessory clamp.
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb proportional patient load (6'4" tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4 °F to +86 °F
- Clean with hospital grade disinfectant
- Pads conform to Cal #117
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Product should not exceed maximum load 500 lb. patient. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Do not use equipment if worn, damaged, or if pieces are missing.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry