Download IFU pdf
All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided in relevant copyright laws.
Extra-Wide Armboard 800-0018
Extra-Wide Armboard (EU) 800-0018-EU
Extra-Wide Armboard (UK) 800-0018-UK
Extra-Wide Armboard (DEN) 800-0018-DEN
Extra-Wide Armboard (JPN) 800-0018-JPN
Extra-Wide Armboard (SWISS) 800-0018-SWISS
Device Initial Release: 12/29/2004
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free ( 888 ) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | email@example.com
Emergo Europe, Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Attaching Armboard to Surgical Table
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
- Attach Armboard anywhere along the surgical table side rail.
Detaching Armboard from Surgical Table
- Loosen Adjustment Handle to raise or lower armboard to desired height - locking handle
- Pull Directional Trigger (located in front end), rotate to desired position, release to lock
- Press Release Trigger (located in back underside) and lift armboard from table
Device Dimensions (maximum)
Intended use is to hold patient’s arm. The range of motion is 180°.
- Length: 26.5” +/- 0.5” (67 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Width: 11” +/- 0.5” (28 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Depth: 2.5” +/- 0.5” (6 cm +/- 1 cm) (with pad)
- Device Weight: 9 +/- 0.5 lbs. (4 +/- 0.22 kg)
- Attaches to surgical table anywhere on the rail
- Single-person installation
- Push Release Trigger
Extra-Wide Armboard is a surgical table extension that attaches to side rails of any table. See side rail dimensions below:
- US: 0.374” x 1.122” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm)
- Denyer: 0.236” x 1.496” (6 mm x 38 mm)
- Europe: 0.394” x 0.984” (10 mm x 25 mm)
- Eschmann (UK): 0.236” x 1.260” (6 mm x 32 mm)
- Japan: 0.354” x 1.260” (9 mm x 32 mm )
- Swiss: 0.394” x 1.181” (10 mm x 30 mm)
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb. (227 kg) proportional patient load (6'4" (193 cm) tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- CE marked medical device according to MDR (EU) 2017/745
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4°F to +86°F (-20°C to 30°C)
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
PRODUCT USE WARNINGS
Maximum load should not exceed appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. (227 kg). Use care with low-maximum load capacity surgical tables that accessory rails are not overloaded. Strictly follow instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry
Any serious incident that has occurred in relation to the device should be reported to the manufacturer and the competent authority of the Member State in which the user and/or patient is established.
IFU-800-0018 REV 3.04
Basic UDI-DI: 081001460F0056EB
Latest Revision: 9/15/2021