All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided in relevant copyright laws.
BI-LATERAL PREPPER 800-0236
REPLACEMENT PAD: UNIVERSAL PREPPER PAD 508-0159
Initial Release: 11/30/2011
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Attaching the Bi-Lateral Prepper to Surgical Table
Detaching the Bi-Lateral Prepper from Surgical Table
- Snap Schure Socket XL P/N 800-0134 (sold separately) on to the side rail
- Insert mounting post into the socket and lock tight
- Unlock horseshoe cradles by turning the handles counterclockwise and move to desired positions, turn handle clockwise to lock
- Turn the clamp handle counterclockwise to loosen the Bi-Lateral Prepper and remove
The intended use is to hold lower extremities during the prepping procedure. The unique pivoting design allows for infinite positioning of the extremity.
Device Dimensions (maximum)
- Length: 19” +/- 0.5” (between stops)
- Height: 34” +/- 0.5”
- Width: 4” +/- 0.5” (horseshoe cradle pads)
- Device Weight: 8.5 lbs +/- 0.5 lbs
- 5/8” diameter mounting post insert into socket
- Single person installation
- Twist lock/Release Handle
Overview of Components
The BI-LATERAL PREPPER is a surgical table accessory that is used to hold lower extremities during the prepping procedure. The unique pivoting design allows for infinite positioning of the extremity.
508-0159 Universal Prepper Pad
Other required products for use:
800-0134 Schure Socket XL (sold separately)
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- This device supports a 500 lb proportional patient load (6'4" tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4 °F to +86 °F
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Product should not exceed maximum load 500 lb. patient. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Surgical table load capacities may be less. Never overload a surgical table. The device is intended for mounting on the side of a rail of a surgical table only.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry