Download IFU pdf
All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided for in relevant copyright laws.
Adjustable Height Armboard
Initial Release: 12/11/2004
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free ( 888 ) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe, Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
1. Directional Trigger
Instructions for Use
2. Adjustment Handle
3. Release Trigger
Become familiar with the features of patient positioning device before use with a patient. Always practice use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Attaching Armboard to Table
- Attach Armboard onto surgical table anywhere along table side rail
Detaching Armboard from Surgical Table
- Loosen Adjustment Handle - raising or lowering Armboard to desired height, then lock handle
- Pull Directional Trigger, rotate to desired position, release to lock
- Press Release Trigger and lift Armboard from table
Device Dimensions (maximum)
Intended use is to hold patient’s arm with range of motion of 180°.
- Length: 26.5” +/- 0.5” (67 cm x 1 cm)
- Width: 6” +/- 0.5” (15 cm x 1 cm)
- Depth: 6.5” +/- 0.5” (17 cm x 1 cm) (with pad)
- Device Weight: 6 +/- 0.5 lbs. (2.7 +/- 0.22 kg)
- Attaches to rail of a surgical table anywhere on rail
- Single-person installation
- Push Release Trigger
ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT ARMBOARD is a surgical table extension that attaches to side rails of any table.
See side rail dimensions below:
US: 0.374” x 1.122” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm) PN# 800-0009
Denyer: 0.236” x 1.496” (6 mm x 38 mm) PN# 800-0009-DEN
Europe: 0.394” x 0.984” (10 mm x 25 mm ) PN# 800-0009-EU
Eschmann (UK): 0.236” x 1.260” (6 mm x 32 mm) PN# 800-0009-UK
Japan: 0.354” x 1.260” (9 mm x 32 mm ) PN# 800-0009-JPN
Swiss: 0.394” x 1.181” (10 mm x 30 mm ) PN# 800-0009-SWISS
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb. (227 kg) proportional patient load (6'4" (193 cm) tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4°F to +86°F (-20°C to 30°C)
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Maximum load should not exceed appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. (227 kg). Use care with low-maximum load capacity surgical tables that accessory rails are not overloaded.
Hazards result from incorrect use. Strictly follow Instructions for Use for your Operating Table system.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry
Any serious incident that has occurred in relation to the device should be reported to the manufacturer and the competent authority of the Member State in which the user and/or patient is established.
IFU-800-0009 REV 3.03