All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided for in the relevant copyright laws.
Adjustable Height Armboard
Initial Release: 12/11/2004
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
1. Directional Trigger
Instructions for Use
2. Adjustment Handle
3. Release Trigger
Become familiar with the features of patient positioning device before use with a patient. Always practice use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Attaching Armboard to Table
Adjusting the Armboard
- Snap Armboard onto operating room table anywhere along the operating room table side rail.
Detaching the Armboard from the O.R. Table
- Loosen the Adjustment Handle to raise or lower the Armboard to the desired height, lock the handle
- Pull the Directional Trigger, rotate to desired position, release to lock
- Press the Release Trigger and lift the Armboard from the table
Device Dimensions (maximum)
The intended use is to hold the patient’s arm and the range of motion is 180°.
- Length: 26.5” +/- 0.5”
- Width: 6” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 6.5” +/- 0.5” (with pad)
- Device Weight: 6 +/- 0.5 lbs
- Attaches to the rail of an operating room table at any point on the rail
- Single person installation
- Push Release Trigger
Overview of Components
The ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT ARMBOARD is an operating room table extension that will attach to the side rails of any table.
See side rail dimensions below:
US: 0.375” x 1.125” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm) PN# 800-0009
Denyer: 0.242” x 1.5” (6 mm x 38 mm) PN# 800-0009-DEN
Europe: 0.390” x 0.975” (10 mm x 25 mm) PN# 800-0009-EU
Eschmann (UK): 0.237” x 1.245” (6 mm x 32 mm) PN# 800-0009-UK
Japan (JPN): 0.354” x 1.260” (9 mm x 32 mm) PN# 800-0009-JPN
Swiss: 0.394” x 1.1181” (10 mm x 30 mm) PN# 800-0009-SWISS
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb proportional patient load (6'4" tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- Product is maintenance-free, check product condition before next use
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4 °F to +86 °F
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
The maximum load placed on the product may not exceed the appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry