All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is prohibited unless otherwise provided in relevant copyright laws.
ADJUSTABLE FOOT BOARD/TABLE EXTENSION 800-0285
REPLACEMENT PAD: FOOT EXTENSION PAD 2", 21.25 X 10 X 2 508-1347
Initial Release: 7/31/2013
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | email@example.com
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Attaching and to Use the Adjustable Foot Board/Table Extension to the Surgical Table
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Detaching the Adjustable Foot Board/Table Extension to the Surgical Table
- Mount the Foot Board into the Clamps (see 3 below) located on the side rail and lock it tight by turning the mounting clamp handles to the right
(1-2) Locking Knobs • (3) Mounting Clamp Handle
- To lengthen size of the surgical table mount the extension in the horizontal position. Simply pull both Locking Knobs (1 and 2) and lower it until the pad is level with the surgical table pad.
- To use a a foot support when doing reverse Trendelenburg procedures pull both Locking Knobs and raise the extension until it locks into place at a 90° from the surgical table pad
- Turn the handle of the clamp counterclockwise to loosen the adjustable foot board/table extension
- Lift the adjustable foot board/table extension from the surgical table and return to its storage device
Adjustable Foot Board/Table Extension mounts horizontally as a table extension. Also mounts vertically as a foot support when using reverse Trendelenburg.
Device Dimensions (maximum)
- Length: 24” +/- 0.5”
- Width: 18” +/- 0.5”(Extended)
- Depth: 10” +/- 0.5” (W/Pad)
- Device Weight: 13 +/- 0.5 lbs
- Attaches to the surgical table at the foot section
- Single person installation
Overview of Components
The Adjustable Foot Board/Table Extension of a surgical table extension or is used as a foot support.
Other required products for use:
800-0338 SpringLoc Clamp (US), 2 each (sold separately)
800-0338-EU SpringLoc Clamp (EU), 2 each (sold separately)
800-0338-JPN SpringLoc Clamp (JPN), 2 each (sold separately)
800-0338-SWISS SpringLoc Clamp (SWISS), 2 each (sold separately)
508-1347 Foot Extension Pad 2", 21.25" x 10" x 2"
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb. proportional patient load (6’4” tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- No maintenance required beyond proper cleaning
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between –4 °F to +86°F
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
Product Use Warnings
Product should not exceed maximum load 500 lb. patient. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for your Operating Table system.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry