Download IFU pdf
Adjustable Footboard/Table Extension 800-0285
Adjustable Footboard/Table Extension Pad 508-1347
Adjustable Footboard/Table Extension mounts horizontally as table extension. Also mounts vertically as foot support when using reverse Trendelenburg. The intended users of this device are medical professionals within hospitals and surgery centers.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Attaching Adjustable Footboard/Table Extension to Surgical Table
Become familiar with patient positioning device’s features before use with patient. Always practice on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using clinically.
Detaching Adjustable Footboard/Table Extension from Table
- Attach SpringLoc Clamps (sold separately) onto table side rails
- Mount Footboard into clamps, locking tight by turning mounting clamp handles clockwise
(1-2) Locking Knobs • (3) Mounting Clamp Handle
- To lengthen size of surgical table, mount extension horizontally. Pull both Locking Knobs (1 and 2) and lower until pad is level with surgical table pad.
- To create a foot support when doing reverse Trendelenburg procedures, pull both Locking Knobs and raise extension until it locks into place 90° from the surgical table pad
Device Dimensions (maximum)
- Turn handles of clamps counterclockwise to loosen adjustable footboard/table extension
- Lift adjustable footboard/table extension from surgical table - return to storage device
- Length: 24” +/- 0.5” (61 cm +/- 1 cm)
- Width: 18” +/- 0.5” (46 cm +/- 1 cm) (Extended)
- Depth: 10” +/- 0.5” (25 cm +/- 1 cm) (w/Pad)
- Device Weight: 13 +/- 0.5 lbs. (5.8 +/- .22 kg)
- Single-person installation
- Twist lock/Release Handle
Adjustable Footboard/Table Extension of a surgical table extension or is used as a foot support.
Other required products for use:
800-0338 SpringLoc Clamp (US), 2 each (sold separately)
800-0338-EU SpringLoc Clamp (EU), 2 each (sold separately)
800-0338-JPN SpringLoc Clamp (JPN), 2 each (sold separately)
800-0338-SWISS SpringLoc Clamp (SWISS), 2 each (sold separately)
508-1347 Adjustable Footboard/Table Extension Pad, 2" (5 cm), 21.25" x 10" x 2" (54 cm x 25 cm x 5 cm)
- Product not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- Device supports 500 lb. (227 kg) proportional patient load (6’4” (193 cm) tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers product from manufacturing defects for period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues, contact Customer Service.
- CE marked medical device according to MDR (EU) 2017/745
- No maintenance required beyond proper cleaning
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Store device between -4°F to +86°F (-20°C to 30°C)
- General - Prevent infection by cleaning and disinfecting product before disposal
- Packaging - Dispose packaging material via household waste according to national requirements
- SchureMed accepts back used or retired products - or dispose of product in accordance with national requirements
PRODUCT USE WARNINGS
Maximum load should not exceed appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. (227 kg). Use care with low-maximum load capacity surgical tables that accessory rails are not overloaded. Strictly follow instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Hazards result from incorrect use. Strictly follow instructions for use with your Operating Table system.
Do not reuse device if there are obvious signs of damage or functional issues. Consult manufacturer before reusing.
Follow current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines for proper cleaning and disinfection procedure.
Adhere to standards for blood-borne pathogens from Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean accessory.
Strictly read/follow manufacturer’s directions for cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from accessory with disposable materials. Follow appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to entire accessory and wipe with clean, lint-free cloth until all moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from accessory
- Let accessory dry
Any serious incident that has occurred in relation to the device should be reported to the manufacturer and the competent authority of the Member State in which the user and/or patient is established.
IFU-800-0285 REV 3.05
Basic UDI-DI: 081001460F0072E9
Latest Revision: 2022-01
eIFU Language Versions
To download and print the Instructions for Use, please click here.
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free ( 888 ) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 982-7000
Fax (781) 982-7001 | email@example.com
Emergo Europe, Prinsessegracht 20, 2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands